Believe it or not there are some simple and yet highly effective ways to transform your home through just one element at a time. This can really help to achieve a certain look or feel in the most simplistic way. You can stretch your budget, use some creativity, and yet change the look and feel of your home in the best way possible.
- Add plants to your home: Just the addition of these living and breathing beauties can really breathe new life into an old room, and you can find a nice blend.
- Add scent to your home: Candles are the most effective way to bring in scent, but even a good air freshener can make people feel at home right away.
- Add a picture ledge and change art every few weeks: This sounds like a lot of upkeep but it’s not if you keep some art always on hand.
- Get creative with your lighting: The very presence of lighting can open up a room and set a tone beautifully.
- Use the seasons to change the feel of rooms: Model your decorations and colors after the season for a nice little touch.
- Create an oasis—make your bathroom feel like a spa: It’s not just functional but rather your own little sanctuary, so treat it as such.
- Play with colour and paint: Have fun with new paint colours and go for some non traditional ways of showing it such as through an accent wall.
- Spruce up the bedroom with new throws and cushions: Just a new pillow or two can change your bedroom view forever.
- Use splashes of wallpaper: Don’t go overboard but do enjoy a little touch of the right pattern or color where applicable.
- Change your door knobs: A simple accessory that really transforms a cabinet or door so nicely, works every time!
Leave a Comment